Saturday, March 19, 2016

Busy in the Lab!!! with more Mokume Gane

Hello! I am soooo glad, and little giddy that you found me in the lab once again, working with polymer clay using the Mokume Gane techniques!

First off I have been wanting to know how my good friend Mary Beth Hobbs achieved the richness of this bangle cuff bracelet . . . simply stunning! you can see the various shades of lemon, butterscotch and cognac that actually occurs in amber.  Sooooo, I knew she had posted  this process in my Facebook group called, Mokume Gane - Advanced Techniques.  I went wading through a years worth of posts and found it!!!!! I created a page specially for her work of art.  You can find this page here:  From The Bench: Amber Mokume Gane Technique


http://marilynrknopic.blogspot.com/p/the-companion-to.html



Then to top it all off I created a page under the full guidance and permission from Mary Beth a step-by-step photo tutorial so you can create this truly fabulous Mokume Gane stack with me by your side!  You can find this page at:  The Companion - Step-by-Step Picture Tutorial


cuff bangle bracelet by Marilyn Ray Knopic using the Amber Mokume Gane Technique
by Mary Beth Hanson Hobbs


And, if that wasn't enough I want to say, Thank you to all of you, who have allowed me to come into your art studios.  I am deeply humbled in all the wonderful responses to this blog, and the over 13,000 visits to these pages in the past 9 months!!! Thank you.

Be sure to check back as I will be featuring yet, another polymer clay artist! And, another fabulous Mokume Gane technique.


Bye for now!







No comments:

Post a Comment