|Large size Disk Beads|
Love the transparency achieved in these disks!
** hand model is Jon Williams :-)
The results of my recent experiments with alcohol inks and translucent polymer clay are coming in slowly as I am creating disk beads from the created stack and obtaining sheets using the Mokume Gane technique, adapted for Polymer Clay.
How this experiment came about was, I was cleaning my workstation when I came upon a sheet of translucent already inked and silver leaf added to it!!!! Egads, you know that feeling when you find something you had completely forgot you had created, that initial sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach! I quickly grabbed it up and upon examining it, discovered some of the ink had bled through the trans. So, I quickly created a sheet of B/W both on a thick setting then reduced that on the thickest setting and laid it upon the translucent clay that I found already prepared. Then using my acrylic roller, reduced the stack to not quite half its original thickness. I got thinking how much I would really like to have more silver and blue come through so I placed another sheet I created under the original sheet I found of the inked up translucent polymer clay, and then cut the stack in half! Stack it again with the black on top. I used the blunt end of my strictly for polymer clay use only cookie cutter shapes, and plunged them the clay itself. Satisfied with the design, I slightly rolled over it, lightly to compress the layers, and pushed the sides in slightly to create a more pleasing rectangular shape for slicing full sheets. Below are the slices I rendered from the stack . . . .
some nice full sheet slices!